Tree of life symbolism has a long history, crossing many cultures. It is a symbol of connection to all things. The tree of life means that you are not an island, but are deeply connected to the world around you and dependent on it for your ability to grow and thrive. It is also a symbol of growth and strength; A young tree starts out with shallow roots that strengthen and grow deeper over time. Branches start as small buds and stretch upwards, reaching for the sun and sky. Just like this tree, a person grows stronger over time and strives for greater knowledge and new experiences.
Agates formed millions of years ago during volcanic eruptions. The volcanic lava flows left cavities filled with gas. As the flows cooled, the cavities allowed mineral bearing solutions to enter and the combinations of theses solutions along with heat, pressure and millions of years allowed the agate to form. Agates are found as geodes first; the stone must then be cut or sliced to see the beautiful colors and patterns inside. Agate is said to strengthen the body and mind and gives a sense of courage.
The symbols of the tree of life are comprised of all aspects of the tree itself and what those elements mean:
- The trunk and roots are the anchoring image of the Tree of Life. The solid trunk is a symbol of strength, a place we can always return and remember what we are made of, while the roots remind us not only where we originate but also imply that our actions in this life have deep meaning, even if we cannot see it right away.
- The branches reaching outwards represent our human need for expression - in arts, science, spirituality, among other outlets. In this way, the Tree of Life is also symbolic of our potential to improve and expand our notions of the human condition through compassionate action (literally reaching out our hands and arms).
- The individual leaves depicted on the Tree of Life represent the uniqueness of all earthly creations, including ourselves. Yet, the Tree of Life reminds us that that we can coexist peacefully.
- Gold and silver plated.
- Pendant approx. dimensions: 60 mm x 30 mm.
- Chain size: 32", adjustable.
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Each gemstone is genuine and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed. The last picture is an example of possible variations. If you wish to see the item before purchase, please email us at email@example.com.