Rhodocrosite is a pink gemstone that resembles a pink malachite in the way that it forms stripes and bands. Rhodocrosite is mainly pink, from light to dark red pink, with white lines running through the stone. Its chemical make-up is manganese carbonate. It is a fairly soft stone, measuring 3.5 to 4.0 on the Moh’s scale.
Rhodocrosite is sometimes found in caves as stalagmites and stalactites. Rhodocrosite crystals have been found worldwide including a Canadian source of rhodocrosite near Placenta Bay, Newfoundland.
Some believe rhodocrosite is a stone that may aid the spleen, kidneys, heart, pituitary glands and the circulation of blood. They also believe it may be an emotional balancer that helps heal emotional wounds and traumas, it may also help with headaches and migraines. It is a powerful healer for those attuned to it.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 32 mm x 23 mm x 9 mm
- Bail length: 11 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
Alternate spelling: Rhodochrosite