Lapis lazuli is one of the most prized semi-precious stones. It has been used throughout the centuries for many purposes. Some believe that Cleopatra used crushed lapis as an eye shadow, while later in Italy it was crushed and used as a tint in expensive oil paints. The eyes of the Sphinx were said to be made of lapis discs before the Romans took them out long ago. Lapis may have iron pyrite, or fool's gold, running through it, or it may be found with a white mineral called calcite. Good lapis is a rich blue color and is becoming more difficult to get.
Some believe that lapis has properties which augment strength, vitality and virility. It opens the third eye chakra and aids in cosmic intuition.
- Option A: 32mm x 24mm x 6mm
- Option B: 30mm x 27mm x 5mm
- Option C: 34mm x 30mm x 9mm
- Option D: 36mm x 38mm x 9mm
- Option E: 42mm x 24mm x 6mm
- Genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.