Iolite is a beautiful purple-blue gemstone. It gets its name from the Greek “los” meaning violet. It is believed that the Vikings used iolite to filter and shade glare from their eyes while they were at sea. They believed it a good luck stone to take to sea.
Iolite has been mined for years but only recently has it become a more popular gemstone. Smaller stones are easier to find, large gemstones are more rare and sought after. Iolite is very similar in look to the gemstone tanzanite.Iolite is believed by some to help the wearer improve their self-confidence. Some believe it may help one with friendships and that it may enable you to be a better communicator.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 8 mm of diameter
- Features genuine stones.
- Stud earring with butterfly backings.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.