Agate is a relatively common stone that may be found around the world. Agate is a member of the chalcedony/ quartz family of stones. Agate comes in hundreds of different varieties and colours.Agates are believed to have been formed millions of years ago during volcanic eruptions. The volcanic lava flows left cavities filled with gas. As the flows cooled, these cavities allowed for mineral bearing solutions to enter and the combinations of these solutions along with heat, pressure and millions of years allowed the agate to form. Agate will resemble a potato on the outside, the stone must then be cut or sliced to see the beautiful colors inside. Agate is said to strengthen the body and mind and when worn will give the wearer a sense of courage. It is also said to be a powerful healer.
- Approximate dimensions of a coaster: 80 mm x 70 mm x 5 mm.
- Each coaster is protected by rubber dots on one side to protect surfaces.
- Genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
* Each coaster is made of genuine agate, and no two are exactly the same. Please note that the item you receive may have slight differences from the ones photographed. If you have any concerns, please reach out to us prior to purchasing for photos of availability at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
** One unit includes 4 agate slices in the colour of agate and electroform of your choice.