Lapis lazuli is one of the most prized semi-precious stones. It has been used throughout the centuries for many purposes. Some believe that Cleopatra used crushed lapis as an eye shadow, while later in Italy it was crushed and used as a tint in expensive oil paints. The eyes of the Sphinx were said to be made of lapis discs before the Romans took them out long ago. Lapis may have iron pyrite, or fool's gold, running through it, or it may be found with a white mineral called calcite. Good lapis is a rich blue color and is becoming more difficult to get.
Some believe that lapis has properties which augment strength, vitality and virility. It opens the third eye chakra and aids in cosmic intuition.
- Set in Sterling Silver
- Hand carved
- Pendant A: 15mm x 15mm x 19mm
- Pendant B: 16mm x 15mm x 22mm
- Pendant C: 15mm x 14mm x 20mm
- Pendant D: 15mm x 14mm x 20mm
- Pendant E: 15mm x 15mm x 20mm
- Pendant F: 15mm x 15mm x 21mm
- Pendant G: 15mm x 15mm x 21mm
*The length of each bail is 6mm
- Features a genuine stone
- This item includes an information card about the stone
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
**The last picture is displaying the pendant on our 24" mid-thickness snake style.