Larimar is a type of blue pectolite, which is formed containing copper instead of calcium. The white and blue patterns are sometimes speckled with black spots and other inclusions. Rediscovered by a Spaniard in 1974, the name “Larimar” comes from combining his daughter’s name “Larissa,” and the Spanish word for ocean, “Mar.” This lovely pale blue gemstone is becoming more difficult to get, making each piece a unique collector’s item.
Larimar is a wonderful meditation stone. It’s soothing blue and white hues calm the mind and may help you find inner peace as you gaze upon its unique patterns. Associated with the Throat, Heart, Third Eye and Crown Chakras, larimar may help promote openness, broaden perceptions, and stimulate brain activity, as well as create an overall sense of harmony while reducing stress.
- 52mm X 24 mm X 17 mm
- Diameter of Drilled Hole: 2 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Cord is not included. Selection of Sterling Silver chains available for purchase here