Emerald is a form of the mineral beryl. A green beryl is called an emerald; a blue or greenish-blue beryl is called an aquamarine. A red or pink beryl is called morganite.
Emeralds are one of the worlds most sought after gems. The ancient Egyptians mined emeralds over 4000 years ago. Cleopatra was an avid emerald collector. The Aztecs and Incas also prized the emerald. Many ancient peoples believed that emerald could allow the wearer to see into the future. Other ancient peoples believed that an emerald could secure and preserve love between people. It was believed to be a good luck stone.
Emerald is believed by some to promote clear thinking. Some believe it may help one to sort out difficult problems, and allow one to see things clearly.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Set with cubic zirconia.
- Available in size 5.75, 7.75, 9
- Gemstones dimensions:
- The small round pieces each measure: 5 mm x 5 mm x 3 mm
- The large oval piece measures: 5 mm x 7 mm x 3 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.