Rainbow calcite is a very unusual stone. It is prized for its varied colors, bright blues, greens, blacks, reds and browns form varied stripes and patterns on the stones. A new stone find, it has been on the market since 2003.
When geologists asked to verify the new stone they asked for permission to visit the mine, and the miners denied them access to the mine. This fueled speculation the stone may be man made. Tests on the stone were inconclusive, as the stabilization process that strengthens the stone also alters it slightly, rendering the tests inconclusive. The mine itself is closely protected by the miners; they mine by hand to avoid exploitation of the mine by dynamite and other destructive means. What better way to protect a mine than keep its location a closely guarded secret. Real stone or enhanced stone, further tests are required to solve the mystery.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Size: Adjustable from 8.75+.
- Total dimensions of stones in setting: 19 mm x 8 mm x 10 mm.
- Features a genuine stone, with a cabochon finish.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
* Please note these rings are sold separately, please select which variation you would like to purchase when checking out.