Pearls are formed when a piece of sand or other irritant finds its way into an oyster. The oyster begins to secrete a smooth hard crystalline substance called nacre around the irritant to protect itself. As long as the irritant remains, the oyster will continue to produce this nacre, layer upon layer. It will take several years to produce a 3 to 4mm pearl.
Pearls are said to center and calm the wearer, as well as to promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity.
Each high quality natural pearl is skillfully polished individually, then drilled to create this bracelet. A must-have staple for any jewellery box.
- Features high quality genuine pearls
- Pearl dimensions:
- Large pearl: 11 mm x 11 mm x 10 mm
- Small pearl on extension: 5 mm x 5 mm x 3 mm
- 6.5 inches to 8 inches with extension
- Leather cord with adjustable clasp
- Modelled on an 6.5 inch/165 mm wrist
- This item includes an information card about pearl
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
This pearl requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, will damage it over time.