A favorite material of ancient cultures, amethyst has endured the ages as one of man's most prized possessions. Amethyst ranges in color from a very light lavender to a deep violet shade of purple sometimes with slight hues of pink and red. Banded amethyst or cape amethyst may have lines of agate or chalcedony running through the amethyst. This may also be called chevron amethyst.
The main Canadian source of amethyst is near Thunder Bay, Ontario where mining has taken place intermittently over the last one hundred years. Scientists believe the amethyst find near Thunder Bay to be over one billion years old. Amethyst is found worldwide and has the distinction of being the birthstone for February and the official gemstone of the province of Ontario.
Amethyst stimulates the Third Eye, Crown and Etheric Chakras, enhancing motivation, thought and the development of intuition and psychic ability. Amethyst is also believed to have a relaxing effect, easing stress, balancing mood swings and having a sobering effect when you overindulge in alcohol, drugs or other addictions.
These earrings feature sterling silver with a gold finish. These beautiful earrings have all the class of gold without the cost - they are a must-have for those who prefer a gold finish.
- Set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold finish
- Gemstone in setting: 12 mm x 8 mm x 5 mm
- Total length: 22 mm
- Features genuine faceted amethyst
- Stud earring with butterfly backings
- This item includes an information card about the stone
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.