Amethyst Stud Earrings
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
A favorite material of ancient cultures, amethyst has endured the ages as one of man's most prized possessions. Amethyst ranges in color from a very light lavender to a deep violet shade of purple sometimes with slight hues of pink and red. Banded amethyst or cape amethyst may have lines of agate or chalcedony running through the amethyst. This may also be called chevron amethyst.
The main Canadian source of amethyst is near Thunder Bay, Ontario where mining has taken place intermittently over the last one hundred years. Scientists believe the amethyst find near Thunder Bay to be over one billion years old. Amethyst is found worldwide and has the distinction of being the birthstone for February and the official gemstone of the province of Ontario.
In the Middle Ages it was believed that amethyst would protect crops from evil spirits, blight and locusts. Some believe that amethyst has calming and protective qualities and that wearing amethyst will increase inspiration and intuition.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 8 mm x 8 mm x 5 mm
- Features genuine stones with a faceted finish.
- Stud earring with butterfly backings.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.
Any item(s) purchased will be shipped within 48 hours, however most are processed within 24 hours of the confirmation of your order.
We use a tracked service for all items.
According to the postal service, US & Canadian parcels should arrive within 6 business days, international items should arrive within 11 business days after dispatch. Please be aware that these are subject to change and delays can occur outside of our control.
You can view the entire shipping policy here.