Tourmaline is a truly unique and fascinating gemstone. Tourmaline is a fairly hard stone; it measures 7 to 7.5 hardness on the Moh’s scale. It can come in almost all of the different colours of the rainbow, including green, blue, pink, red, black, orange, and brown, plus many shades and combinations of the various colours. Green tourmaline with pink inside is called watermelon tourmaline. Paraiba tourmaline comes in awesome colour shades of blue and green, almost like the colours of a lime or blue Popsicle. Pink or red tourmaline may be called rubellite, and blue may be called indicolite. Tourmaline may have one colour on one side of the mineral and another colour on the other side. Gemstones cut with two or three colours of tourmaline are more rare and are called bicolour or tricolour stones.
Tourmaline is believed by some to make one openhearted and giving, some believe it can make one calm, centered, and able to communicate more effectively.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 59 mm x 29 mm x 9 mm
- Bail length: 13 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.