Smoky quartz is a variety of quartz, always black or brown in colour. The quartz stone family also includes amethyst (purple quartz), rose quartz (pink-red), citrine (yellow quartz), as well as all the various agates and jaspers.
Smoky quartz is often found in beautiful black crystals. It can be cut into beautiful brilliant gemstones and it makes an equally beautiful crystal specimen. Scientists believe the black may have been caused by natural radioactivity in the Earth.
Smoky quartz is the most often sought after for its healing or crystal properties. It is said to increase endurance and to amplify energy. Some believe that it may give you an energy boost, and that it can help you clear your thoughts to better make decisions.
- Approximate dimensions:
- Size small: 45 mm x 40 mm x 20 mm
- Size medium: 55 mm 40 mm x 20 mm
- Size Large: 55 mm x 45 mm x 30 mm
- Size XLarge: 55 mm x 55 mm x 35 mm
- Genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*This is a natural mineral specimen, and no two are exactly the same. Please note that the item you receive will have slight variations from the one photographed.