Shungite is a black stone that is usually shiny and intense in appearance. It has been around for approximately 2 billion years, but it wasn’t until the 1996 Nobel Prize-winning research that discovered antioxidant fullerenes within the stone that the world began to take notice of shungite. Springs that pass over shungite stones are typically turned into natural spas due to its cleansing properties – it is believed that shungite has purified water long before we began to use compressed charcoal or carbon blocks in water filters for the same purpose.
Spiritually, shungite is known as the ultimate cleanser. It is said to absorb and eliminate anything harmful or hazardous to the body. Shungite is also said to calm and relax anyone using it, or who is simply near it, and may provide a general sense of wellbeing.
Shungite may leave behind a black residue after being handled. This is mostly carbon and is non toxic. To remove the residue please rinse your stone under water prior to using it. Any residue should be washed from your hands as soon as possible.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 23 mm x 17 mm x 7 mm
- Bail length: 10 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.