Shungite is a black stone with a hardness of 3.5 – 4 and is often referred to as “black carbon”. It is a natural composition of primarily amorphous graphite (carbon), crystalline silicate particles and other minerals evenly distributed throughout the stone. The carbon in shungite gives it catalytic abilities, electro-conductivity and chemical resistance. Its complex composition of materials, interesting structure, and amazing properties make shungite quite unique.
Shungite is sometimes called the "Stone of Life" due to its healing and antibacterial properties. Many people use shungite to create a healing spa in the home by placing it in some water to purify and charge the water with cleansing energy. Shungite is said to calm and relax anyone using or near it. This may be due to its protective energies and rejection of negative energy.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 30 mm x 17 mm
- Features a genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the fossil itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is available for purchase here.