The fossil shark teeth come from several different types of ancient sharks including tiger, mako, otodus, lamna, and the well-known carcharodon megalodon. If a shark loses a tooth while biting into something, another tooth from the second row would replace this missing tooth within four minutes. Thus, many teeth were lost over a lifetime of a shark.
These particular teeth belong to the long extinct Mako shark. These are approximately 4-6 million years old.
- Approx. tooth dimensions: 45mm x 30mm
- Nonadjustable leather cord: 22"
- Genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*Each fossil shark tooth is genuine and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed. The last picture is an example of possible variations. If you wish to see the item before purchase, please email us at email@example.com.