Aquamarine is a beautiful pale green to pale blue “aqua” colored stone. It is a form of the mineral beryl, and is very closely related to emeralds.
Early Romans used the stone for protection on water. Fishermen used it protect themselves on water and to bring about a good catch. Roman doctors would use it as a prescription for overeating, as they believed the stone aided digestion of food and helped reduce water retention. Today aquamarine is one of the birthstones for March, but it more importantly is a symbol of youth, hope, health, and fidelity.
Aquamarine is believed by some to aid in marine travel and to help calm nervous tension. It is said to help one be confident, and to give one strength.
- This piece is set in sterling silver.
- Features a genuine stone.
- Size 7 1/2
- Dimensions (vertical/horizontal/width)
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.