Peridot has been prized since ancient times. Its history can be traced back to the ancient Egyptians who used the stone. Hawaiian legends called the stone “divine tears”; the green stones were believed to have been wept by Pele, the goddess of the volcano. Peridot has long been enjoyed as August's birthstone.
Some believe that wearing peridot will reduce stress, stimulate the mind and accelerate personal growth. It may also help with anger and guilt and may be used as a detoxifier.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions of all gemstones in setting: 45 mm x 10 mm x 5 mm
- Features genuine stones with a faceted finish.
- Stud earring with butterfly backings.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.