Tiger eye or tigers eye is a member of the quartz family of stones. It is a brownish-gold gemstone to a reddish gold gemstone that may produce a chatoyancy or flash when it is turned in the light. This flash is said to resemble the "eye's of a tiger" and thus that is where the name comes from. It also will come in purely red and blue colors, although more rarely. Sometimes the gold brown variation is called hawks eye.
Tiger-eye has been used in jewellery for hundreds of years. Man has been fascinated by the way the stone will produce a flash of color when it is cut properly. Expert gem cutters will carefully examine the rock so cut stones will be very beautiful. A lot of time and effort goes into the mining and cutting process to produce the finest tiger eye gems.
Tiger eye is said by some to help soften stubbornness and enhance perception and insight. It is also said to aid fisherman and other travelers.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 22 mm x 15 mm x 8 mm
- Bail length: 6 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.