The term girasol describes any mineral that displays the girasol effect: an internal floating glow that moves with changes in the light, often white, blue, or golden yellow in colour. The stone’s milky color and optical phenomena are both produced by light scattering off the microscopic fibres within it.
From the Italian girasole, “turn towards the Sun”, girasol quartz could be considered a solar mineral, as the internal glow of the girasol effect moves with the light. The sun is an ancient symbol of the Divine and reflective materials represent devotion. Girasol quartz can be used for spiritual development, protection, and psychic development, and is an excellent conduit during meditation, as it helps tap into the flow of universal energy.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 27 mm x 24 mm x 13 mm
- Bail length: 10 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.