Libyan Desert Glass, also called Libyan Gold, is found in the Western Desert of Egypt nearby the Libyan border and strewn over an area of about 6500 km². According to studies, the silica-rich natural glass is 28 million years old. Its mysterious origins and its high purity and homogeneity has puzzled scientists for many years. Here is what many studies have led to:
"The results obtained from most of the studies and investigations led the majority of scientists to conclude that the glass was most likely originated through a high temperature impact of an extraterrestrial body into a sand or sandstone layer causing its fusion and subsequent solidification. But the absence of a nearby impact signature such as a crater, made some scientists believe that the melting process, could have occurred as a result of a low altitude explosion, of an extraterrestrial body generating a thermal pulse (airburst) causing the melting of surface and near-surface silica deposits."
- Article source: https://goo.guHW3xdl/
Lybian Gold has been used by ancient civilizations, for it holds a great power. It is a high vibrational crystal that has the ability to work will all the chakras, more specifically the solar plexus chakra where our willpower is held. It helps to protect from negative psychic energies, to strengthen the will, to stay grounded and to keep the creative flow.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 40 mm x 15 mm x 20 mm
- Features a genuine tektite.
- This item includes an information card about the tektite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This tektite requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the tektite itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Chain is not included.