Green amethyst is extremely uncommon. Only certain amethyst stones from mines with a higher iron mineral content in the amethyst will produce the green color change. More often, the natural amethyst is heat treated to produce the green color.
A favorite material of ancient cultures, amethyst has endured the ages as one of man's most prized possessions. In the Middle Ages it was believed that amethyst would protect one from drunkenness. Today, some believe that amethyst has calming and protective qualities and that wearing amethyst will increase inspiration and intuition.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone dimensions: 16 mm x 12 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Chain is available for purchase here.*This piece displays a genuine gemstone, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.