This geode formed million of years ago during volcanic eruptions. Volcanic geodes were formed when the volcanic lava flows left cavities filled with gas. As the flows cooled, these cavities allowed for mineral bearing solutions to enter and the combinations of these solutions along with heat, pressure and million of years allowed the geode to form. Whatever minerals were present in the solutions determined what type of minerals and colors would form on the inside. Geodes will resemble a potato on the outside, the stone must then be cut to see the beautiful crystals and colors inside.
Legends ascribe various potent powers to the geode. It was believed that the geode may increase physical strength and shield one against evil visions. It was also believed that the geode was a good luck charm and a mystical aphrodisiac.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 30 mm x 35 mm x 10 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Chain is not included.