Dinosaur bone is sometimes agatized, meaning that the bone cell structure has been replaced with agate, a type of quartz. This lends the bone extra strength to make it more durable, but also gives the pieces unique shades of browns, blacks, grays, reds, and oranges, often with the spotted cell structure patterns of the bone still evident. It is an organic fossil gemstone, over 70 million years old. It is a hard material, and a challenge for professionals in the trade.
Dinosaur bone is said to open avenues of insight and communication, assisting one in understanding change. It is a good stone for the adventurous.
Dinosaur bone is a very rare material, and it is now illegal to collect dinosaur bones in many parts of Canada and the United States, so pieces such as this one have become increasingly uncommon.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 26 mm x 20 mm
- Features a genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the fossil itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Chain is not included.