Azurite is an intense deep blue color with a Mohs hardness between 3 and 4. It often occurs with Malachite, Chrysocolla or Turquoise in areas with copper deposits. A rare form called “bluebird”, has dark red Cuprite mixed with Azurite. Azurite is found in Australia, Chile, France, Mexico, Morocco, Namibia, the Southwestern USA and Zaire.
Azurite was sacred to the Egyptians who believed it was an aid to spiritual communication. Many believe that this stone helps to reduce anger and to increase psychic awareness. It is also thought to reduce abnormal cell growth, promote wisdom, and is used as an aid to relieve the paid of rheumatism.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 30 mm x 15 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.