Ancient people believed amber was solidified sunshine or the petrified tears of god, however amber is actually fossilized tree sap estimated from 20 million to 200 million years old - most amber is around 50 million years old. Blue amber, found in Indonesia, is the rarest and most sought after type of amber. It is characterized by a natural blue hue, which can range in consistency from pale yellow amber with a slight blue hue, visible mainly when the piece is against black, to a cherry red piece that is nearly purple, all the way to a piece that is a rich to inky blue. This blue hue is amplified under ultraviolet light, and when under a flashlight the light-beam within blue amber will look aqua green or blue.
Amber is believed to boost energy through the solar plexus and third eye chakras, as well as release fear of judgement and serve as a symbol of success. We hope that this piece brings you good vibes.
- Set with a sterling silver bail.
- The stone is finished on both sides, and can be worn either front or back.
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Chain is not included.