Ammolite is a rare and unusual substance that is a fossilized form of the mineral aragonite. Ammolite comes from the placentaceras ammonite fossil, but is extremely rare. The ammonite was an ancient shell that inhabited a shallow sea that covered southern Alberta, Canada between 70-135 million years ago. While various types of ammonites can be found all over the world, it is only in southern Alberta is where the shells fossilized into the bright colors of ammolite.
Unfortunately, the only deposit of ammolite is beginning to run dry, and fewer pieces of quality ammolite are being found each year. Not only that, but the gemstone becomes more expensive each year as well. Once the mine runs out of ammolite, it will no longer be found, so get your piece today.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Dimensions: 22 mm x 25 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling Silver chains available for purchase here.
Common misspelling: ammalite, armmalite, amolite