Pearls are formed when a piece of sand or other irritant finds its way into an oyster. The oyster begins to secrete a smooth hard crystalline substance called nacre around the irritant to protect itself. As long as the irritant remains, the oyster will continue to produce this nacre, layer upon layer. It will take several years to produce a 3 to 4mm pearl.
Pearls are said to center and calm the wearer, as well as to promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity.
- Set in sterling silver with cubic zirconia
- Approximate size of each pearl : 7 mm x 7 mm x 6 mm
- Bracelet length: 222 mm
- Hook diameter: 4 mm
- Circumference: 6.75 inches to 8 inches with extension
- Modelled on an 6.5 inch/165 mm wrist
- This item includes an information card about the gemstone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.