Orthoceras in Matrix
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
The orthoceras is a fossil that is often found in a black or brown marble-like material. This stone fossil material can be polished to a beautiful finish. The orthoceras creature is an ancestor to the modern day squid. Scientists believe that, like the modern squid, the orthoceras would shoot ink out to scare off predators. To move it would suck water in one end and shoot it out the other, the action being similar to that of a jet engine. The orthoceras lived from 345 million to 395 million years ago. This particular piece features an amazing prehistoric school of squid.
- Dimensions: 98mm x 55mm x 40mm.
- Genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.