Topaz is a high temperature mineral that is often found in igneous rocks. There are several different colors of topaz, but the most common is colorless or clear, white, followed by blue, pale yellow, sherry colored, various greens, and sometimes pink. Topaz may also be heat treated to produce different colors and hues, sometimes with spectacular results. Included in treated topazes are ecstasy topaz, an orange red topaz called hyacinth, plus many other unusual colors. Mystic topaz is formed when the stone is treated with titanium oxide.
Topaz stones are almost always faceted. This is done to show off the intense colors. A nice topaz stone will really sparkle. Topaz may be used as a birthstone for November. Some believe that topaz will aid in tissue regeneration and enhance the metabolism. Whatever your beliefs, may you enjoy your piece of unusual topaz.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver
- Available in sizes 6.25, 7, 8
- Crystal dimensions: 5 mm x 5 mm
- Features a genuine stone
- This item includes an information card about the stone
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
- This piece features our custom R&G stamp, which signifies that it is designed and manufactured exclusively for Rocks and Gems Canada. We hope you enjoy our custom designs.
This stone is also known as: celestial topaz
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.