Muonionalusta Meteorite, Ammonite and Geode Pendant
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
The Muonionalusta is an iron meteorite classified as a fine octahedrite, which impacted the northern Scandinavia West of the border between Sweden and Finland approximately one million years ago. First discovered in 1906, the Muonionalusta is probably the oldest known meteorite on Earth. Since landing on Earth, this meteorite has experienced four ice ages. The Muonionalusta meteorite itself is older than Earth, as it dates within several million years of the formation of our solar system.
Muonionalusta meteorites have the most beautiful etch pattern. When cut or sliced, the interior reveals perfect Widmannstätten crystal structure. This pattern is the result of the meteorite cooling in outer space over billions of years. Each meteorite is unique and will display a different crystal structure.
Pyrite replaced ammonite
Pyrite can be found in various fossil specimens. Instead of fossilizing in a normal way, pyrite may replace various parts of a fossil, leaving an iron pyrite replacement of these fossil parts. Ammonites are among the more unusual pyrite fossil replacements. Massive pyrite formations occur as well, sometimes with tiny crystals forming a very large massive pyrite clusters. In some instances, flecks of pyrite may be scattered on other matrix rock or shale.
A geode is any stone that is hollow with some sort of mineral or crystal on the inside. A geode with a hollow cavity is one of nature’s most spectacular works of art. No two geodes will look exactly alike and until opened, it is a mystery as to what is inside. Cutting and polishing the geode is an 18-hour job as geodes are very hard stones and are difficult to cut and polish. Geodes may be found in the Northwest Territories of Canada as well as several other locations worldwide.
Geodes are believed to have been formed millions of years ago during volcanic eruptions. The volcanic lava flows left cavities filled with gas. As the flows cooled, these cavities allowed for mineral bearing solutions to enter and the combinations of these solutions along with heat, pressure and millions of years allowed the geode to form. Whatever minerals were present in the solutions determined what type of minerals and colors would form on the inside. Geodes will resemble a potato on the outside, the stone must then be cut to see the beautiful crystals and colors inside.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Pendant with setting: 60 mm x 24 mm x 5 mm
- Total length with bail: 11 mm
- Features a genuine meteorite, fossil and mineral.
- This item includes an information card about each specimen.
- A certificate of authenticity of each specimen is included with this item.
- This meteorite requires special care - due to its high iron content, exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, may cause it to rust it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the meteorite itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the fossil itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
Any item(s) purchased will be shipped within 48 hours, however most are processed within 24 hours of the confirmation of your order.
We use a tracked service for all items.
According to the postal service, US & Canadian parcels should arrive within 6 business days, international items should arrive within 11 business days after dispatch. Please be aware that these are subject to change and delays can occur outside of our control.
You can view the entire shipping policy here.