The Muonionalusta is an iron meteorite classified as a fine octahedrite, which impacted the northern Scandinavia West of the border between Sweden and Finland approximately one million years ago. First discovered in 1906, the Muonionalusta is probably the oldest known meteorite on Earth. Since landing on Earth, this meteorite has experienced four ice ages. The Muonionalusta meteorite itself is older than Earth, as it dates within several million years of the formation of our solar system.
Muonionalusta meteorites have the most beautiful etch pattern. When cut or sliced, the interior reveals perfect Widmannstätten crystal structure. This pattern is the result of the meteorite cooling in outer space over billions of years. Each meteorite is unique and will display a different crystal structure.
Sometimes rare mineral inclusions such as the black mineral Troilite may be found. These minerals are found only in nuclear fusion, which give scientists clues to the origin of our solar system and the universe. The exterior of the Muonionalusta meteorite, when untreated, resembles a rusty bark. Interestingly, some Muonionalusta meteorites are very weathered, whereas others are in really good shape for their high terrestrial age. Surely permafrost helped to preserve their state.
Meteorites are known to assist with spiritual growth, increase psychic abilities and help connect with other realms. This piece is a perfect gift for the dreamers, space enthusiasts and armchair philosophers.
- Features genuine meteorite beads.
- Strung with clear jeweler's elastic and 6mm sphere beads.
- Inner circumference:
- 6 mm: 6.25 inches/ 160 mm
- This item features rhodium plating to add extra shine to each meteorite bead.
- This item includes an information card about the meteorite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This meteorite requires special care - This meteorite has a high iron content, and exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time (it will rust). If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This piece contains authentic meteorite beads, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.