Rainbow moonstone is a variety of feldspar and flashes in a variety of colours when it is turned to different angles. The most sought after colour is blue, which comes in a range of gorgeous shades.
Moonstone is a stone that has fascinated man for thousands of years. Many ancient peoples believed moonstone had magical powers, and that these powers were amplified at times of a full moon. Travelers carried moonstone for protection at night. The ancient Romans believed moonstone was a stone of love, revered by Diana, the moon goddess. Diana could endow one with love, wealth, victory and wisdom. These same qualities were attributed to moonstone. Moonstone was carried or worn by the ancient Romans.
It is believed to help balance yin and yang, bring out feelings and protect love. It may also be helpful in eliminating tunnel vision and helping you achieve your goals.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 45 mm x 28 mm x 8 mm
- Bail length: 12 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.