Moldavite Dangle Earrings
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Moldavite is a tektite; it is a rare olive green substance that is glass-like in appearance. A tektite is formed when a meteorite hits the earth and large amounts of sand and debris are thrown high into orbit in the stratosphere. This material then re-enters the atmosphere and falls back to the earth. As it re-enters, it is subjected to high temperatures. A glasslike material is formed from the falling debris that is called a tektite. Moldavite is a form of tektite, it gets its name from the area in Moldavia where it is found. Scientists believe the moldavite was formed from a meteorite impact 14.8 million years ago. It was a very large meteorite as moldavite debris is spread out over hundreds of miles. Although the area to find moldavite is large, it is becoming more difficult to find every year. Due to this, the price of moldavite keeps going up as the stone gains popularity while simultaneously becoming scarce. Pieces are sought after by collectors and others drawn to the mysterious stone.
Originally found in the Moldau River in Czechoslovakia, most Moldavite is currently being mined in the Czech Republic. Moldavite may be found in surrounding areas as well, including Moldavia, Bohemia, Austria, and Germany.
Moldavite is said to be a stone of spiritual and personal positive transformation. Moldavite’s energy is said to activate all the Chakras; it can help one with meditation, and help one with vices. This rare stone of connectivity contains an intense frequency from the fusion of earthly and extraterrestrial energies. It accelerates one's personal and spiritual evolution, and is highly sought after for its life-altering capabilities. This pair of sterling silver earrings is perfect for the dreamers and those wanting to connect with the universe.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Moldavite with setting: 16 mm x 11 mm x 6 mm
- Hook length: 18 mm
- Features genuine tektite.
- Dangle earring features a hook on the back to prevent loss.
- This item includes an information card about the tektite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This tektite requires special care - avoid exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, for its hardness is of 5.5 on the Mohs scale. Be aware of the temperature when you wear it, Moldavite is sensitive to extreme temperature fluctuation. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
Any item(s) purchased will be shipped within 48 hours, however most are processed within 24 hours of the confirmation of your order.
We use a tracked service for all items.
According to the postal service, US & Canadian parcels should arrive within 6 business days, international items should arrive within 11 business days after dispatch. Please be aware that these are subject to change and delays can occur outside of our control.
You can view the entire shipping policy here.