Moldavite is a tektite; it is a rare olive green substance that is glass-like in appearance. A tektite is formed when a meteorite hits the earth and large amounts of sand and debris are thrown high into orbit in the stratosphere. This material then re-enters the atmosphere and falls back to the earth. As it re-enters, it is subjected to high temperatures. A glasslike material is formed from the falling debris that is called a tektite. Moldavite is a form of tektite, it gets its name from the area in Moldavia where it is found. Scientists believe the moldavite was formed from a meteorite impact 14.8 million years ago. It was a very large meteorite as moldavite debris is spread out over hundreds of miles. Although the area to find moldavite is large, it is becoming more difficult to find every year. Pieces are sought after by collectors and others drawn to the mysterious stone.
Moldavite is said to be a stone of spiritual and personal positive transformation. Moldavite’s energy is said to activate all the Chakras; it can help one with meditation, and help one with vices. It is thought to opens up the heart and help one with spiritual pursuits, as well as help with flu’s and other ailments.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Each moldavite piece in setting maximal size: 24 mm x 20 mm x 6 mm
- Bracelet length from bar to first loop: 175 mm
- Each extension loop measures: 15 mm of diameter
- Total bracelet length: 222 mm
- Modelled on an 165 mm/ 6.5 inch wrist.
- Features genuine moldavite.
- This item includes an information card about moldavite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This tektite requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the tektite itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.