Chondrite meteorites are stony (non-metallic) meteorites that formed when various types of dust grains present in the early solar system accumulated to form primitive asteroids, and include organic matter that formed from dying stars. Chondrites are the most common type of meteorite that falls to Earth, representing between 85.7% and 86.2% of all meteorites. This particular specimen came from the NWA-869 fall in Morocco. It exhibits incredible preservation and amazing detail for its age - chondrites were formed 4.56 billion years ago!
The sphere represents completion, the realization of all possibilities. To carve a sphere one must cut away a mass of rock which can be as much as ten times the finished creation. Thus a sphere symbolizes all that we need to release in order to reach our goals and attain perfection. Many use a sphere while meditating as they believe it helps to release worry and may help to take them to a deeper state. A sphere is also the perfect centerpiece for a crystal arrangement or rock altar. In feng shui, the ancient art of creating optimal energy flow in an environment, a sphere is ideal to place in the center of a room for its balancing abilities.
This piece can lead to many interesting questions like whether a meteorite destroyed the dinosaurs or brought life to Earth. This chondrite meteorite sphere is perfect for the dreamers, space enthusiasts and armchair philosophers.
- Approximate Dimensions: 18 mm of diameter.
- Genuine meteorite.
- This item includes an information card about the meteorite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- A plastic display stand is included with this item.
- This meteorite requires special care - due to its high iron content, exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, may cause the meteorite to rust over time. If you polish the meteorite, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*This piece contains an authentic meteorite, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.