This ancient shark lived between 15 million and 25 million years ago. The ancient sharks could grow up to 50 feet in length. This type of Megalodon fossilized tooth is found deep in the south Pacific Ocean, 1300km/ 800 miles east of Australia, near a small island called New Caledonia. They are excavated from the ocean floor by a boat dropping a two meter wide scoop, reaching 300m/ 1000ft down underwater. When found, the teeth are black. They are later carefully polished to remove the black color.
This is a very rare item. It is very expensive to "mine", and recently trips have not yielded a lot of teeth. Once this process is discontinued, it will no longer be found, so get your piece today.
- Dimensions: 100 mm x 95 mm x 17 mm.
- Genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- A plastic display stand is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*This specimen is at a reduced price due to the small, dark dent near the tip of the tooth which can be seen in four of the product photos.