Lapis Lazuli Pendant
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Lapis lazuli is one of the most prized semi-precious stones. It has been used throughout the centuries for many purposes. Some believe that Cleopatra used crushed lapis as an eye shadow while later in Italy it was crushed and used as a tint in expensive oil paints. The eyes of the Sphinx were said to be made of lapis discs before the Romans took them out long ago. Lapis may have iron pyrite or fool's gold running through it or may be found with a white mineral called calcite. Good lapis is a rich blue color and is becoming more difficult to get.
Lapis may be found in northern Canada in the Northwest Territories, but the main source of jewellery grade lapis remains Afghanistan.
Some believe that lapis has properties which augment strength, vitality and virility.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 36 mm x 20 mm x 7 mm
- Bail length: 13 mm
- Features a genuine stone with a cabochon finish
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
Any item(s) purchased will be shipped within 48 hours, however most are processed within 24 hours of the confirmation of your order.
We use a tracked service for all items.
According to the postal service, US & Canadian parcels should arrive within 6 business days, international items should arrive within 11 business days after dispatch. Please be aware that these are subject to change and delays can occur outside of our control.
You can view the entire shipping policy here.