Garnet is most recognized as a fiery red stone (called pyrope garnet) and as January's birthstone. It can be found in a variety of colors including tsavorite (green garnet), uvarovite (green druse crystals), rhodolite (pink), almandine (rusty-brown, orange), blue, and other colors.
It is a stone steeped in history as it has been used as adornment for several centuries, especially in Europe. In the past, garnet was believed to have healing properties because of its blood red color. It was also believed that a gift of garnet would win a woman's everlasting love. Some believe that garnet may revitalize your bloodstream and may enhance your imagination.
This gemstone requires special care
- Set in sterling silver
- Gemstone in setting: 29 mm x 15 mm x 4 mm
- Bail length: 10 mm
- Features a genuine gemstone
- This item includes an information card about the gemstone
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
- exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the gemstone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.