Campo Del Cielo meteorites are estimated to have fallen from space onto Earth between 4000-5800 years ago. Meteorites provide evidence for the early composition of the universe, and can lead to many interesting questions like whether a meteorite destroyed the dinosaurs or brought life to Earth. Translated to "field of heaven", this Campo del Cielo meteorite is perfect for the dreamers, space enthusiasts and armchair philosophers.
Iron Pyrite or fool's gold as it is more commonly called, is a very beautiful example of the natural beauty that can be found on Earth. This shiny substance has long been mistaken by man for the even rarer treasure gold; this is where pyrite gets its nickname fool’s gold.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Meteorite and pyrite with setting: 25 mm x 8 mm x 5 mm
- Hook length: 17 mm
- Features genuine meteorite.
- Dangle earring features a hook on the back to prevent loss. OR Dangle earring.
- Stud earring with butterfly backings.
- This item includes an information card about the meteorite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This meteorite requires special care - due to its high iron content, exposure to water and other chemicals, such as shampoos or perfumes, may cause it to rust it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.