A Peacock Pearl (or Black Pearl) describes one of the most valued and sought after colours of a type of saltwater pearl called the Tahitian pearl, which are cultured in French Polynesia in the black-lipped oyster Pinctada margaritifera.
With a dark grey-green body colour, a true peacock pearl will have a pink, purple or golden overtone of colour that appears to float on the surface of the pearl as the light catches it. These natural iridescent colours are achieved without any artificial dye or treatment.
Some believe pearls give the wearer a sense of calm and a feeling of being centered. Pearls promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity and help with inspirational thought and wisdom.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold plated finish.
- Dimensions of pearl in setting:
- Top ring: 6 mm x 6 mm x 4 mm
- Bottom ring: 7 mm x 7 mm x 5 mm
- Size: 8
- Sold as a set of two rings
- Features genuine pearls
- This item includes an information card about pearl
- Certificates of authenticity are included with this item.
This pearl requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the pearl itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
This stone is also known as: Black Pearl