A Peacock Pearl (or Black Pearl) describes one of the most valued and sought after colours of a type of saltwater pearl called the Tahitian pearl, which are cultured in French Polynesia in the black-lipped oyster Pinctada margaritifera.
With a dark grey-green body colour, a true peacock pearl will have a pink, purple or golden overtone of colour that appears to float on the surface of the pearl as the light catches it. These natural iridescent colours are achieved without any artificial dye or treatment.
Some believe pearls give the wearer a sense of calm and a feeling of being centered. Pearls promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity and help with inspirational thought and wisdom.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold finish.
- Features a genuine stone
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
- This piece features our custom R&G stamp, which signifies that it is designed and manufactured exclusively for Rocks and Gems Canada. We hope you enjoy our custom designs.
*This stone is also known as: Black Pearl