Pearls are formed when a piece of sand or other irritant finds its way into an oyster. The oyster begins to secrete a smooth hard crystalline substance called nacre around the irritant to protect itself. As long as the irritant remains, the oyster will continue to produce this nacre, layer upon layer. It will take several years to produce a 3 to 4mm pearl.
Some believe pearls give the wearer a sense of calm and a feeling of being centered. Pearls promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity and help with inspirational thought and wisdom.
Each sterling silver piece features a gold finish. These beautiful pieces have all the class of gold without the cost - they are a must-have for those who prefer a gold finish.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold plated finish.
- Dimensions of pearl in setting:
- Top ring: 6 mm x 6 mm x 4 mm
- Bottom ring: 7 mm x 7 mm x 5 mm
- Size: 8
- Sold as a set of two rings
- Features genuine pearls
- This item includes an information card about pearl
- Certificates of authenticity are included with this item.
This pearl requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the pearl itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.