Pearls are formed when a piece of sand or other irritant finds its way into an oyster. The oyster begins to secrete a smooth hard crystalline substance called nacre around the irritant to protect itself. As long as the irritant remains, the oyster will continue to produce this nacre, layer upon layer. It will take several years to produce a 3 to 4mm pearl.
Some believe pearls give the wearer a sense of calm and a feeling of being centered. Pearls promote faith, loyalty, truth and purity. They can especially enhance personal integrity and help with inspirational thought and wisdom.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold finish.
- Features a genuine stone
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
- This piece features our custom R&G stamp, which signifies that it is designed and manufactured exclusively for Rocks and Gems Canada. We hope you enjoy our custom designs.