Blue Chalcedony is actually a type of agate, which is a member of the quartz family of stones. Agates are believed to have been formed millions of years ago during volcanic eruptions. The volcanic lava flows left cavities filled with gas. As the flows cooled, these cavities allowed for mineral bearing solutions to enter and the combinations of these solutions along with heat, pressure and millions of years allowed the agate or chalcedony to form.
Chalcedony is said to strengthen the body and mind and when worn will give the wearer a sense of clarity so they may decide what they like and don't like. It is also said to help one emotionally in intellectually. Whatever your beliefs, may you enjoy your piece of chalcedony.
- Each ring is set in sterling silver with a one-micron thick gold finish.
- Features a genuine stone
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
- This piece features our custom R&G stamp, which signifies that it is designed and manufactured exclusively for Rocks and Gems Canada. We hope you enjoy our custom designs.