This unusual white stone often comes in clear or translucent pieces, other pieces are a more solid white. The truly distinctive characteristic of the dendritic opal are the small black lines or dendrites that mark the stone. The black lines within the rock are caused by the mineral manganese. These sometimes form unique patterns and scenes within the rock. Sometimes the dendritic opal is more opaque and looks less like an agate.
Dendritic opal is very unusual. It is prized by rock cutters as no two pieces look exactly alike. A lot of time and effort goes into looking at the rough rock before deciding where to cut. Gem cutters will try to select rock that is the most beautiful and has the most unusual patterns to produce jewellery out of.
According to books on stones and their powers, dendritic opal may help you to remain open and approachable, it can be used as a stone to help cleanse your body.
- Set in sterling silver
- Gemstone dimensions: 28 mm x 13 mm x 9 mm
- Size: 7.5
- Features a genuine stone with a cabochon finish
- This item includes an information card about the stone
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.