Fossilized Carcharodontosaurus Dinosaur Tooth Specimen
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
The Carcharodontosaurus was a species of carnivorous dinosaur that existed during the Cenomanian stage of the mid-Cretaceous Period; these fossil specimens are approximately 95 million years old. The Carcharodontosaurus includes some of the longest, and heaviest, known carnivorous dinosaurs, with some scientists proposing its length between 12 and 13.3 meters, and its weight between 6.2 and 15.1 metric tons. It is believed to be larger that the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus dinosaurs.
The carcharodontosaurus had enormous jaws and long, serrated teeth up to eight inches long. It is believed that these land-dwellers hunted alone, and each carcharodontosaur required approximately 500 square kilometers to itself. Many skull and jawbones found show tooth puncture and gouge marks, leading scientist to believe that there was in fighting between the carcharodontosaurus dinosaurs, most likely due to territorial disputes. These fossilized teeth when found are extremely rare, and a lot of time and work goes into polishing and preparing these specimens for display. May you enjoy your fossil, as it is a scientific find as well as a link to our distant past. Fossils are to be treasured and preserved for future generations.
- Dimensions: 50 mm x 26 mm x 13 mm.
- Genuine fossil.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*This item does not include a display stand. Click here to shop our display boxes.