This unusual stone is actually the fossilized remains of coral that lived on the ocean floor hundreds of millions of years ago. Although several types of coral are found fossilized today, what is most exciting to rock cutters and collectors are the unusual colors and patterns that are preserved.
Since the beginning of the first millennium, coral has been sought after because it is believed to have mysterious, powerful properties. Egyptians believed coral contained divine blood, so they placed it in the tombs of the deceased to protect against evil spirits.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Maximal size of gemstones in setting: 16 mm x 30 mm x 6 mm
- Bracelet length: 223 mm
- Hook diameter: 14 mm
- Features genuine fossils.
- Displayed on a 6.5 inch wrist.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the fossil itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.