This unusual meteorite specimen is a part of the Gibeon meteorite. It is an iron meteorite, found in one of the largest meteorite strewn fields on Earth, which exceeds 40 miles wide and 250 miles long. It is located in Namibia, in the southern part of Africa. The meteorite field itself was discovered in 1836, although South African natives used the metal fragments for tools and weapons prior to this time.
Each high quality natural bead is skillfully polished individually, then drilled to create this magnificent bracelet. The Widmanstatten crystal structure, which is common to this particular meteorite and is the result of the meteorite cooling in outer space over billions of years, shines on this bracelet. Connected with jewelry elastic, this bracelet stretches to fit. Perfect for stacking with other bracelets or to wear on its own, this bracelet is ideal for the dreamers and those wanting to connect with the universe. A must-have staple for any jewelry box.
- Features genuine meteorites.
- Strung with 8mm sphere beads.
- This item includes an information card about the meteorite.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This meteorite requires special care - This meteorite has a high iron content, and exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time (it will rust). If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*This item is a featured favorite of Amanda*