Proetus Trilobites are often a 3 dimensional trilobite found in a dark grey rock. Like other trilobites, these all have a cephalon (head), a thorax (body), and a pygidium (tail). The creature was protected by a hard calcite shell and this is what remains to this day. The shell would not grow with the creature so the shell molted away several times during the creature’s lifetime. Thus one trilobite may have left several fossils during its lifetime. The trilobite is the first creature known to have eyes. The eyes on many Devonian age trilobites may be very detailed and unique. Devonian age means that the fossils are between 345 million and 395 million years old. This specimen boasts amazing detail in the eyes and spine.
- Approximate dimensions:
- Specimen A: 51 mm x 40 mm x 31 mm.
- Specimen B: 50 mm x 38 mm x 25 mm.
- Specimen C: 49 mm x 33 mm x 32 mm.
- Specimen D: 52 mm x 32 mm x 28 mm.
- Genuine fossil.
- Choice of fossil A, B, C or D.
- This item includes an information card about the fossil.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
This fossil requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as cleaning products or aerosols, will damage it over time. If you polish the stone, use a dry cloth only, or an air duster that does not contain any disinfectant or other chemicals.
*You will receive the same specimen as the one you select.