The mosasaur was a cretaceous lizard, living between 65 million and 135 million years ago. It lived in the oceans of the world, some believe they may also have lived in fresh water. This creature was feared by many other creatures. It had a powerful, crocodile-like body that grew up to 30 feet in length. It had large well-adapted paddles that made it a good swimmer. This creature was one that dominated the water. The mosasaur had large teeth, and strong powerful jaws.
One may find ammonites (ancient large squid-like creatures with shells) that have a pattern of holes on the surface of the shells. These holes are attributed to the mosasaur; its strong teeth would bite right through the hard ammonite shell. The mosasaur would eat ammonites, but a few would get away. The mosasaur teeth and bones are found today in various locations worldwide. The teeth may be found attached to the root.
- Matrix: 195 mm x 140 mm x 63 mm
- Fossilized Tooth: 142 mm x 45 mm x 20 mm
- Genuine fossil
- This item includes an information card about the fossil
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item
- A plastic display stand is included with this item.